February 8, 2011

Mimi Smartypants

My all-time favourite blogger in the category of blogs-I-read-by-people-I-don't-personally-know.

Excerpt from her latest post illustrates why:

In another of a long line of business-oriented dreams, yesterday I woke up from a very detailed dream in which I was showing LT a huge binder for a fast-food franchise. I had attended one of those buy-your-own-franchise seminars and I was trying to convince him to invest ten thousand dollars in a restaurant franchise called GAIA WALRUS, which sold “sustainably farmed walrus meat,” presumably made into sandwiches or burgers or something.

I remember the logo, which was a sort of hippie mandala incorporating a cartoon walrus, and I remember some of the details about structure and pricing from the franchise informational materials, but not much else.

Ever since I told LT this dream he has been trying to work out the details, such as how walrus meat can ever be “sustainable,” or even the logistics of “farming” something that lives in water and weighs three thousand pounds, and then I patiently explain that all those issues are upstream, man, all we have to do is run the place. Order the supplies from headquarters, hire the employees to wear the little paper hats with the little paper tusks, rake in the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment